DFH Recently Voted one of the 'Best New Hotels in the World,' by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine
The Detroit Foundation Hotel, with architectural lighting design provided by Illuminart, has been awarded an IES Illumination Award of Merit. This month, DFH was also named by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine editors one of 2018's, 'Best New Hotels in the World.' According to the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), awarded '...projects were reviewed and judged by a jury of peers from a broad professional spectrum, representing diverse skills and depth of lighting design knowledge and application expertise.'
The article focuses on, 'recently opened hotels and resorts, from West Africa to Miami' (2018, The Best New Hotels in the World). Foundation Hotel was named among the '...102 best new hotels in the world.'
CNT editors refer to the hotel as, 'stylish and busy, with a great mix of historic architecture and well-designed modern touches.'
The Condé Nast Traveler recognition and IES Award mark the 8th award / accolade given to the new hotel. Additional awards include:
- 2018 AIA Michigan Honor Award in Building;
- 2018 Governor's Award for Historic Preservation;
- MHPN's 2018 Historic Preservation Building Award;
- 2018 Golden Key Award for Excellence In Hospitality Design for Best Guestroom;
- 2017 Golden Key Award for Excellence In Hospitality Design for Best Upscale Hotel/Best Lobby;
- 2017 CREW Detroit Impact Award for Renovation|Adaptive Reuse.
To read the article in Condé Nast Traveler, go to: https://www.cntraveler.com/hotels/detroit/detroit-foundation-hotel