Looking for a career change? Then you've come to the right place.
Peter Basso Associates (PBA), one of Michigan's leading MEP engineering design firms is hiring a temperature controls engineer / designer at its Troy, MI office.
Peter Basso Associates Inc. is seeking an engineer or designer experienced in Building Automation and Temperature Controls systems. Candidate must have an understanding of mechanical heating ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems and electrical systems with ability to create associated temperature control details for building construction.
Job Tasks (may include the following):
- Temperature Controls design for HVAC systems in commercial office buildings, K-12 Education, Higher Education, Hospitals, and Laboratories.
- Coordinate with other company departmental trades (mechanical, plumbing and electrical) to understand conceptual design and apply controls.
- Meet with clients to determine goals and expectations of Building Automation System and Temperature Controls design.
- Survey and analyze existing control systems for either upgrade or replacement.
- Write project specifications for building automation systems utilizing direct digital control systems and temperature control related components.
- Evaluate new temperature control related systems and products.
- Provide cost estimates for building automation systems and temperature controls.
- Review temperature control shop drawings consisting of control schematics, sequences of operation, bill of materials, wiring diagrams.
- Review equipment cut sheets for controls related functionality.
- Meet with contractors to assist in construction coordination.
- Perform site surveys of in-construction projects and document observations.
- Perform system checkout (punch list) activities.
The ideal candidate has the following experience, education or qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in design of building automation and temperature control systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of local and national codes.
Please visit our Careers Page to find out how you can join our national award-winning MEP design engineering firm. http://www.peterbassoassociates.com/careers/positions-available
Peter Basso Associates, Inc., a 100% employee-owned firm, is ranked among the Top 100 Consulting Engineering Firms in the nation. We offer a competitive compensation package including paid vacation, medical, dental, disability, and 401k.