Two Additional PBA Projects Nominated
The University of Michigan's Athletics South Competition and Performance project, with MEP engineering design and architectural lighting design by Peter Basso Associates, has won a Pyramid Award from the Washtenaw Contractors Association (WCA) for Best Project Team for Projects Over $25 Million. Additional PBA project nominees included The University of Michigan Medical Science Building 2 Clinical Simulation Suite and Michigan State University's Federal Credit Union Headquarters 2 (PBA provided commissioning services).
According to the announcement on WCA's Facebook page (@WCAonline), "The goal of the $168 million Stephen M. Ross Athletic Campus South Competition and Performance Project was to provide some of the most elite facilities in the country, if not the world, and to allow U of M to host more Big Ten, national and international competitions. It includes facilities for the men’s and women’s lacrosse and track and field teams. It is also the home and training facility for the women’s crew team and men’s and women’s soccer teams. Unique elements include an indoor rowing tank for the crew team, and a hydraulically banked indoor track."
Some of the featured energy efficient measures and solutions included:
- Energy efficient hot water heating boilers
- Chiller with heat recovery
- Variable Speed Drives on the Cooling Tower Fans
- De-stratification fans in large spaces
- Enthalpy economizer in lieu of dry bulb economizer
- High efficiency exhaust air recovery device
- Increased thermostat dead band
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Reduction in lighting power density
- Low-flow bathroom fixtures
- Anticipated 30% water consumption savings beyond Michigan plumbing code
For questions concerning our experience in sports and recreation MEP design solutions, contact David Conrad, PE, Vice President, PBA at (248) 879.5666 or go to our website at https://www.peterbassoassociates.com/portfolio/sports-recreation