Commissioning of New Corporate Office Complex | Tinley Park, Illinois
Panduit Corporation retained the services of Peter Basso Associates to provide building commissioning for a new 280,000 square foot World Headquarters located in Tinley Park, Illinois.
Commissioning encompassed all mechanical and electrical systems, including air handling units, chilled water system, building heating systems, pumping systems, temperature control systems, exhaust systems, domestic hot water system, refrigerant monitoring system, electrical components serving the mechanical systems, lighting controls and the building fire alarm.
PBA provided the following services:
- Review of the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) document, Basis of Design (BOD) Documents, and Review of Construction Phase Documents.
- Preparation and implementation of the Project Commissioning Manual including:
- Commissioning plan.
- Detailed installation verification checklists for all equipment and each system.
- Systems Equipment Data
- Equipment Startup Reports
- Sequence of operation for all equipment and each system.
- Detailed functional verification test procedure/checklist for all equipment and each system.
- Review of mechanical and electrical submittals and submit comments.
- Onsite construction observation noting and tracking deficiencies.
- Conduct commissioning meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Installation verification of equipment.
- Review test and balance reports.
- Implement and witness functional tests.
- Review O & M’s (draft and final versions).
- Assist in coordinating training, and verify training completed for commissioned systems/equipment.
- Final commissioning report.
- Preparation systems/re-commissioning manual.
The Commissioning process also includes the Under-Floor Air Distribution System that requires a seamless operation between the air handling units, outside air make-up fans, exhaust fans, and under-floor fan coil units all controlled by the building management system.