Are you considering installing multiple electric vehicle charging stations for your next project? Peter Basso Associates will guide you through choices and systems to arrive at an engineered solution that minimizes the electrical distribution costs and maximizes the charging opportunities available to your facility users.
EV Sales are up
The market for electric vehicles is booming and consumers are purchasing both new and used Electric Vehicle options. New EV sales increased from 3.2% in 2021 to 5.8% in 2022. According to Kelley Blue Book, "Total EV sales topped 800,000 for the first time."
EV sales skyrocketed by 65%, while non-electric vehicle sales dropped by 8% in the last year. Fill-up costs at gasoline fueling stations remain high and public fast chargers are becoming more accessible to owners of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs).
As consultants, PBA does not represent any equipment manufacturer or utility. We partner with you to offer our professional services to assist you in developing a solution that meets your specific needs and budget. There's no better time to consider adding these amenities to your existing stations, particularly if incentives are available to assist with installation costs. The transportation electrification industry is beaming with claims that 150 million electric vehicles will be on the roads by 2030. There are many stakeholders imbued with the possibility of more zero-emission electric vehicles populating roads in the near future.
We will "right-size" your charging needs
Every facility is different. Whether you are new to the world of electric vehicles (EV's) or an early adopter, we can help with your current needs and the future needs of your facility.
Here are some of the key considerations:
- Do you need Level 2 systems, DC Fast Charge (DCFC), or a mix of both? What is the right mix?
- How much power capacity do you have on your electrical system and how can we maximize it's use?
- What type of users do you have based on station data, and what charging speeds are needed?
- Is there a payback on charging users a fee for using the equipment? Do you need to restrict access to the equipment?
- How do you plan for adding more equipment in the future as the need for more station locations increases?
- Are incentives available for your project?
Let PBA be your EV Charging Partner
Peter Basso Associates has experience on multiple projects with design of Level 2 and DCFC EVSE as part of new construction and renovation work. We will walk you through options that fit your needs. In addition to our experience with EVSE equipment, we are power system specialists and can help you understand the full impact of implementing a EVSE installation.