Energy Management and DCC Master Plan | Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Peter Basso Associates provided engineering services to Central Michigan University to evaluate the condition and operation of the temperature controls, HVAC air handling equipment, and energy management/utility monitoring for 13 campus buildings.
The study included the following:
- Review and analysis of existing building drawings.
- Field investigation to observe existing HVAC systems operation and field conditions.
- Development of preliminary DDC points list for all primary HVAC equipment.
- Development of conceptual opinion of probable construction costs.
- Impact of compliance with ASHRAE 90.1-2001 for HVAC systems.
- Development of review and final reports to summarize findings.
- Development of implementation plan.
After assessment of the data gathered in the study, PBA developed a campus wide master plan for all 13 buildings recommending upgrades of all HVAC systems, replacing all pneumatic controls to direct digital controls, and integrating building temperature controls into a central monitoring and operating energy management system.